IRI Latest Survey Report Pakistan 2013 (Poll conducted in November, 2012)
Karachi (Breaking News /Sunday, January 27, 2013) – According to the latest IRI survey, with research conducted from November 2, 2012 to November 21, 2012. Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) PMLN has become the most popular party in the country with its popularity at 32%. Other political parties popularity is given bellow (as on November, 2012)
PML(N) = 32%
PTI = 18%
PPP = 14%
MQM = 4%
PML(Q) = 2%
JUI(F) = 2%
Don’t Know = 17%
International Republican Institute (IRI) survey further says about province wise detail as:
Punjab Province Popularity Graph
PML-N = 49%
PTI = 19%
PPP = 8%
Sindh Province Popularity Graph
PML-N = 8%
PTI = 9%
PPP = 32%
MQM = 16%
Khyber Pakhtunkhawa Province Popularity Graph
PML-N = 12%
PTI = 32%
PP = 5%
JUI(F) = 6
ANP = 3%
Balochistan Province Popularity Graph
PML-N = 13%
PPP = 18%
PTI = 8%
Detailed Methodology: Survey of Pakistan Public Opinion, November 2-21, 2012
January 22, 2013
The results of this poll will not be released by IRI. However, the Institute is making available the methodology and the demographics to demonstrate that the poll complies with professional standards in the industry.
- Poll work was conducted by the Institute for Public Opinion Research based in Islamabad, Pakistan. Oversight and analysis was provided by Robert Varsalone of Maven Public Affairs.
- The population under study is representative of the adult population of Pakistan (see demographics below).
- A multi-stage probability sample was used. In the first stage, the sample was stratified into four provinces. In the second stage, the sample was further stratified into districts within each province by rural and urban categories. In the third stage, each district was further stratified by union councils.
- The probability-proportional-to-size method was used to select the local cluster location. The left hand method was used to select a starting point and then a skip pattern to randomly select every third household. The Kish Grid was used to select respondents 18 years and older within each household.
- The sample was distributed at the provincial level, rural and urban, in all four provinces of Pakistan (except for the Federally Administered Tribal Areas and Chitral). The sample was then post-weighted to make it proportionate to national representation by province.
- Face-to-face interviews were conducted. The interview teams were comprised of both of males and females; the female respondents were interviewed by female interviewers and male respondents by male interviewers.
- Sample size: 4,997
- Eligibility: age 18 and order
- Margin of Error: ±1.4 percent
- Response Rate: slightly more than 75 percent
- The field work was conducted from November 2-21, 2012
|MonthlyHouseholdIncome||Upto Rs 10.000||35|
|Rs 10.001 -15,000||36|
|Rs 15,001 -25,000||24|
|More than Rs 25.000||3|
Source : http://www.pakimag.com/